Mark your calendar for November 7, 2012 at 2 p.m. EST for UMBC’s ISD Now Webinar: Mobile Devices for Learning and Performance Support
We all worry about the influence of our learning programs when our participants move out of sight and into the workplace. Mobile devices help to extend the arms and voice of the instructor into the field of play. They deliver at the moment of need, or pretty darn close to it.
Join Us and Learn:
- What are the sweet spots for mobile learning and mobile support?
- What is the difference between mobile learning and mobile support?
- What are planners and sidekicks and how can they address the transfer problem?
- Can apps help with soft skills, such as leader development?
Allison Rossett, Professor of Educational Technology at San Diego State University and in the Training magazine HRD Hall of Fame.
Dr. Greg Williams, Moderator Director and Clinical Associate Professor of Instructional Systems Development Graduate Programs, UMBC
Wednesday, November 7, 2012 ~ 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST
Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now.
Join us for UMBC’s ISD Now Forum & Workshop with Thiagi – Founder of The Thiagi Group, an organization with the mission of helping people improve their performance effectively and enjoyably.
ISD Now Forum – October 4, 2012 (free event)
Increasing and Improving Interactivity in Webinars
Time: 6 – 8:30 p.m.
Where: UMBC Main Campus, University Center Ballroom, 3rd Floor.
- Design an interactive webinar that incorporates structured sharing, interactive lectures, instructional puzzles, interactive storytelling, and online jolts
- Facilitate a webinar that keeps the participants engaged in the learning process and encourages them to transfer and apply their new skills and knowledge to the workplace.
REGISTER FOR THE FORUM TODAY!
Next Day Workshop – October 5, 2012 (paid event, limited seats available)
Interactive Techniques for Instructor-Led Training
Time: 9 a.m. – 430 p.m.
Where: bwtech @ UMBC (UMBC Tech Center). You MUST Register for this event.
The workshop is activity-based and designed and delivered by Dr. Thiagi. Appropriately enough, it is a workshop on designing and delivering activities-based workshops. Dr. Thiagi will discuss Designing Interactive Strategies and Delivering Training Games and Activities.
YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THIS SEPARATELY.
Hope to see you there!
UMBC’s ISD Now Team