Mark your calendar for November 7, 2012 at 2 p.m. EST for UMBC’s ISD Now Webinar: Mobile Devices for Learning and Performance Support
We all worry about the influence of our learning programs when our participants move out of sight and into the workplace. Mobile devices help to extend the arms and voice of the instructor into the field of play. They deliver at the moment of need, or pretty darn close to it.
Join Us and Learn:
- What are the sweet spots for mobile learning and mobile support?
- What is the difference between mobile learning and mobile support?
- What are planners and sidekicks and how can they address the transfer problem?
- Can apps help with soft skills, such as leader development?
Allison Rossett, Professor of Educational Technology at San Diego State University and in the Training magazine HRD Hall of Fame.
Dr. Greg Williams, Moderator Director and Clinical Associate Professor of Instructional Systems Development Graduate Programs, UMBC
Wednesday, November 7, 2012 ~ 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST
Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now.
Did you know that August is Connected Educator Month?
The U.S. Department of Education’s Connected Educators initiative is launching Connected Educator Month this month (August 2012) to help schools, districts, and states collaborate together for essential professional learning opportunities.
Throughout August, registrants will have access to participate in coordinated opportunities, events and activities in dozens of online locations to develop skills and enhance personal learning networks.
The U.S. Department of Education’s Connected Educators Initiative encourages educators from all levels and those who support them to participate.
To get started, all you have to do is sign up. The registration process is simple and quick on the Connected Educator Month home page: http://connectededucators.org/cem/about/
Once signed up, you’ll get regular updates about:
• Webinars and other real‐time events.
• Forums on key education and community issues.
• Guided tours, open houses, launches, exhibits, collaborative projects, polls, and other special activities.
• Contests you can enter, badges you can earn, plus other resources ranging from starter kits to book clubs and classes to help you join the world of connected education or become more connected.
Do you collaborate with other professionals online and find it helpful? We’d love to hear about your experience. Please feel free to chime in with a comment.